Thursday, February 19, 2009



One of our favorite boutiques in DC, Proper Topper, had a huge sale which brought their children's clothing from "astronomical" to "somewhat affordable". Graham decided to pick up a few things for Maggie, including this velvet jacket and peter pan collar blouse. Is it weird to be buying things that she can't wear for five years?

If you're visiting this blog (and thank you, if you are) you're probably here to see pictures and videos of Maggie... not news about our shopping adventures. Sorry about that. It's been a very difficult week for both of us. Graham has a major deadline at work which has forced him to spend extended hours at the office and I've been working from home until I start my part-time schedule. I had no idea how difficult it would be to balance work and Maggie at the same time. I feel like I can't really focus on either thing, so I'm doing a poor job at both. My office isn't getting the best from me and, poor Maggie, has to sit neglected in her bouncy chair! I take breaks to feed and change her but it makes me feel guilty, not having the time to cuddle and tickle and sing.

My parents get home from their vacation next week (thank goodness... I miss them!) which means my mom will soon be ready to take-on babysitting, three days a week. I'll be in the office those three days and then the rest of my time can be devoted to Maggie. Can't wait for that!

1 comment:

  1. I sooo remember what you are talking about. Mom and Dad arrive here tomorrow morning. I can't wait to see them...so so sad.

    ReplyDelete