Wednesday, March 25, 2009



Hailey and I collaborated on a little summer dress for her and she came by, today, so that we could put the finishing touches on it. It was so fun to go to the fabric store with her and have her choose the dress pattern and fabric. I was quite impressed when she flipped through the big books of dress patterns at how confident she was with what she liked and what she didn't like. She also totally understood that she should only choose the shape and style of the dress and that color and pattern would be chosen later. (I think that concept would be totally lost on me when I was her age.)

She settled on a long, empire waisted dress with ribbon straps and a ribbon bow around the waist. Not surprisingly, the fabric she chose was pink and covered with daisies. And the best news is that it fits! We did well.

1 comment:

  1. Meghan, the dress is so sweet. Great job. (I'm impressed that you have time for sewing projects.) Hailey looks beautiful in pink. She is a very pretty girl. I suspect we'll get to see Maggie in the dress six years from now! Hope so......
    Susan

    ReplyDelete