Wednesday, April 15, 2009




Wouldn't the world be heaven if all children dressed like this?

I really need to get a handle on my infatuation with baby clothes. I regularly find myself daydreaming about new dress ideas for Maggie and I've even considered chopping up my prom dress in order to make her another romper. I suppose most women would be happy to say goodbye to prom but I actually still love what I wore. It is sleeveless and knee length, and the fabric is a pale blue cotton with yellow embroidery that incorporates classic Japanese motifs. (As some of you know, I didn't exactly "fit in" during high school.) I wore the dress again to my cousin's wedding two years ago but I don't believe it fits me, post-baby. Do I cut into it, now, for Maggie? Or do I save it for her on the off-chance that she actually wants to wear it to her own prom?

7 comments:

  1. I believe that chopping up the prom dress is the right move. You have always looked great in it, but it's time has passed. It should be made into a fancy dress for Maggie, and then you can go out and get a new fancy dress for you. It's really a win/win.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Graham - most likely Maggie won't want it when she is older and atleast now you make her 'dressing decisions' ;)

    I am ready to cut up my wedding dress knowing Hailey won't want it when she is older - any chance in the next year or so you could use it to make Hailey's communion dress???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really? You both think so?? For some reason I am more attached to this prom dress than I am my own wedding dress.

    And, Kim, I would love to make Hailey's communion dress! (Although it's a bit intimidating. Let's hope I don't screw it up.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well she won't need it for 2 more years so by then you should be a pro :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait... i know this is from awhile ago but i just read this post and there are so many times i have looked at old pictures of my mom and would die to have the clothes she wore in the 70s in their complete form... however, to be honest i never would have fit into them, so maybe it is okay she didn't save them. But just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going with Emily. The dress stays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely bogus. I think the dress still should go. Its cute but I think it would be cuter on Maggie.

    ReplyDelete