Thursday, September 10, 2009




Apparently Maggie likes playing in the grass. A lot. So much so that she left a few grooves in the dirt.

Well, we are in week two of our new life and still no major complaints. In a way it's nice to have things evolve, a bit, and I'm still very grateful that I got to spend so much of her earliest weeks and months at home.

Being flexible has been crucial and I can see that my original plan to nurse the whole first year may not come to fruition. Right now, we nurse once in the morning and once at night with formula in between. I decided that the whole pumping thing was too much to deal with and I've already seen that my body has gotten the hint. As much as I hate to say it, there is a sense of relief and it's good to feel like a human again and less like a vending machine.

The best thing about working, though, is coming home. I love love putting my key in the door and having Maggie give me the biggest smile when I step through it. The arms wave, the eyes light up, the squealing begins... it is the best thing to have waiting for me.

1 comment:

  1. Meghan didn't really clarify in that last paragraph. Maggie gives her the biggest smile, and I wave my arms, and my eyes light up, and I may or may not let out a small squeal.

    ReplyDelete