Wednesday, February 25, 2009


This is a pretty common scene when we have company around... Maggie's little feet sticking out from my nursing cover.

I don't know what's going on with me this past week. I think I've just spiraled into a funk now that I have so many requirements from work, on top of caring for Maggie. My schedule has been going something like: wake up, nurse, start working, nurse, work some more, nurse, work some more... there's very little time for much else. Oddly, things don't seem to be going as well with the breast feeding, either. For some reason, I'm feeling sore all over again and I'm having a hard time enjoying the process. Maybe it's psychological? Now that it feels more like work than a chance to connect with our new baby (like it did in the beginning)? I still want to breast feed because I believe it's something positive I can give to her... I just hope I can get over this hump and turn it into something that's also positive for me.

I've heard about a breast feeding support group that meets in Annapolis twice a month. That could be an answer, but - to be honest - nothing sounds more horrifying to me than sitting around with a bunch of women, discussing lactation. I just don't think that's for me.

I'm sorry that this post is so whiny... the funk should pass soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment