Monday, April 13, 2009


This photo was taken at a surprise birthday party for me on Saturday. I was so flattered that Jen and Graham put this together and I was even more flattered to discover that I had more friends in DC than I realized. It was such a fun afternoon.

Yesterday, of course, was Easter and it was not nearly as good of a day. I was really looking forward to the wonderful meal that my parents were preparing and to spend time with my niece and nephews, but an hour after getting to their house I became so sick, so suddenly. I spent the day holed up in my old bedroom while everyone celebrated downstairs.

Being sick and trying to be a mother is so much more difficult than I realized. I really relied on Graham and my family, yesterday, to take care of Maggie. I'm so lucky to have that option. In fact, I even called my mom this afternoon to watch the baby for a few hours while I continue to recuperate. Maggie's a lucky girl to have so many people that care.

No comments:

Post a Comment