Sunday, March 20, 2011


We caught Maggie fully engrossed in a West Elm catalog. Seriously. She spent a full 15 minutes on the couch with it, turning and reviewing every page.

Living here is changing us all in little ways. I feel like I have aged about 10 years since the move. Not necessarily in a bad way, but I've found myself doing things that only grown-ups do. I pack school lunches now, we contracted a lawn service, I watch Suze Orman while folding laundry... what's happening to us?

Everything is slower now, days feel so much longer and I have no need to rush through anything. Today, Maggie and I placed little owl window clings on the window in her playroom together – over and over and over again – rearranging umpteen times until she was satisfied. In our former life, I may not have had the patience for that but today I did. I love everything about that.

1 comment:

  1. aw! I have to say, I am a bit jealous you have moved so close to my parents and I am not there to come over and play. Its weird to think right before I came here, to croatia, I saw you all in D.C. Well, it sounds like things are going great and I hope Maggie has had a visit to BKS toy.

    ReplyDelete