Sunday, March 20, 2011


We caught Maggie fully engrossed in a West Elm catalog. Seriously. She spent a full 15 minutes on the couch with it, turning and reviewing every page.

Living here is changing us all in little ways. I feel like I have aged about 10 years since the move. Not necessarily in a bad way, but I've found myself doing things that only grown-ups do. I pack school lunches now, we contracted a lawn service, I watch Suze Orman while folding laundry... what's happening to us?

Everything is slower now, days feel so much longer and I have no need to rush through anything. Today, Maggie and I placed little owl window clings on the window in her playroom together – over and over and over again – rearranging umpteen times until she was satisfied. In our former life, I may not have had the patience for that but today I did. I love everything about that.

2 comments:

  1. aw! I have to say, I am a bit jealous you have moved so close to my parents and I am not there to come over and play. Its weird to think right before I came here, to croatia, I saw you all in D.C. Well, it sounds like things are going great and I hope Maggie has had a visit to BKS toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to visit your blog, really hope to become your friends so can view the latest content in your blog,
    weight loss smoothie recipes
    regards.

    ReplyDelete